I confess I was more of a Blair fan than Serena. Blair had flair and Serena annoyed the hell out of me. I guess it's not fair of me to extend that annoyance to Blake Lively. I know actors aren't their characters, but I still did it. So, when I heard that Blake was launching a new lifestyle website, I rolled my eyes.
But, when I saw that Preserve.us launched curiosity got the best of me.
Five reasons why I like Blakey Lively Reynolds new lifestyle website:
1. It's swimming with nostalgia, and I'm a complete sucker for that stuff.
The Art of Letter Writing and Read 'em and Weep are not your everyday articles and have a certain depth to them that you can't help but want to read beginning to end.
2. The photos have a classic tint. No, they do. I don't know what the filter is, but it's probably has vintage in the title.
3. "The heart of PRESERVE culture is about discovering old and new: music, travels, books, films and more." - I like the old part. I'm in social and tech, so I'm always about the new side of life. I've been trying to discover the old and the craft part of life too, and if this site could be a resource then, I'm all for it.
4. Shop: There are certain sites run by other blondes that sell expensive stuff that makes my mouth drop. But, this isn't the blonde or the site. Yes, the price point is on the higher side, but I can see why. A lot of the pieces are crafted not manufactured.
5. They're Greater Good stance. It's pretty straight forward - They're for profit, but they're also working towards a goal of giving back.
"We have set our first goal of giving 5,000 children a meal, 2,000 children a blanket, and 2,700 children a warm hoodie, all within the U.S."
So, I'm glad I gave into my curiosity. I'm by no means a super fan, it's only the first issue, but I know it's a site I will visit again.
Check out the Summer Issue.