I don't know what it is about the new year, but everyone wants to change their hair. I felt the need too; I spent way more time than I care to admit checking out hairstyles on Pinterest. But you don't have to have a total make-over to rock BOOMTASTIC hair.
I partnered with Sassoon Salon to share 10 Radiant Resolutions to help you start the new year off on the right foot. Here are some great tips and tricks, plus amazing products that will help refresh your look and achieve effortless, gorgeous hair NOW!
1. Try a Radiant Refresh – Ring in 2016 with a new signature style by simply adding a side-swept fringe to your classic cut or upgrading your color with a warmer palette. This season’s statement styles call for cool, pared-back hair with effortless shine.
2. Fashion an Everlasting Blow-Out - If you’ve spent the time creating a beautiful blow-out yourself or paid someone else to do it, the last thing you want is to wake up the next day and it be gone. Lisa Baber, Sassoon Creative Director, explains, “prep is paramount and a lightweight mousse will work as a setting lotion, but make sure you comb the product through your hair to achieve an even blow-dry.”
3. Shine On – Just like our skin, healthy hair gets its strength and shine from a combination of proteins and vitamins. Customized weekly treatments, such as a Sassoon Instant Fusio Dose Treatment by Kerastase, deliver a host of benefits to dry, parched hair – from boosting the vibrancy of your color to preventing future damage and instantly smoothing and strengthening each strand.
4. Turn Down the Heat - Swap the perfect blow-out and go au natural once a week. Embrace your natural texture by applying a conditioning style cream and air-drying. You will prevent breakage and cuticle damage while maintaining softness and combating frizz.
5. Go Glam After the Gym - Slick hair back using your fingers with a dollop of Gel Forte from Sebastian to hold the hair in place. Apply the product to the roots of your hair leaving out the ends. To achieve an even sleeker look, comb the gel through to tame any strays and let the hair air-dry. For a dryer texturized look, simply apply the product but blow dry the hair back and away from the face. Use bobby pins to secure the style in place and ensure the longevity of the look.
6. Trim Down – Forward book your salon appointments every 5-6 weeks for regular trims and haircuts. You’ll keep your ends healthy and feel forever fresh.
7. Embrace Hair Oil – Many avoid using hair oils for fear they leave hair looking & feeling greasy. The new generation of hair oils is lightweight and nourishing. Embrace hair oils this winter and try Davines OI Oil or Oil Non-Oil.
8. Treat Yourself - In between appointments, keep hair shiny and healthy with an at-home deep-conditioning masque treatment personalized for your hair type.
9. Try a Cool Rinse - In the same way, that central heating affects hair, washing it in hot water can also dry locks out, so opt for a warm temperature instead. “Rinsing your hair in cool water adds extra shine and locks in vital moisture,’ says Lisa Baber.
10. Warm Up – Blend warmer color palettes to support and enhance shine this season. “From rich mocha for brunettes, deep ruby for redheads, and soft, light hues for blondes, warmer tones keep you from looking washed out in the winter and give your skin a boost of radiance,” says Carmen Gallander, Seattle’s Color Director.
So, you're totally going to have great hair all 2016 long if you follow 1 or all of these resolutions.
main image by Jenna Bechtholt
Hair by Sassoon Seattle